As part of the Plexxis web development team you will design, develop, and implement APIs and User Interfaces for our newest customer-facing products and services, which solve the challenge of modernizing the specialty contracting trades.
This is an opportunity to work on and develop exciting new applications for our customers’ existing data as well as creating cutting-edge products that revolutionize the construction industry.
What You Will Do
- Build and maintain APIs for our customers' existing data to the cloud.
- Work closely with all the developers and managers at Plexxis to define and develop the solutions to our customers’ business needs and efficiency gaps.
- Build new APIs and help design infrastructure for applications that are entirely cloud-hosted.
- Communicate with your immediate team members to explain your current challenges and help them with their own.
- Develop functional web applications based on usability and appeal.
- Experience developing and working with REST APIs
- Experience with at least one relational database (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB)
- Experience integrating an ORM
- A high bar for code quality and performance
- Experience planning and estimating software development tasks in an agile environment
- Broad understanding of the design and architecture of modern web applications
- Production experience with React
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Values learning and sharing knowledge
Nice to Have
- Production experience using TypeORM
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Involvement in deployment to a cloud provider (e.g. AWS, Google, Heroku, Digital Ocean)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages
About Plexxis Software
Plexxis maximizes the profit and efficiency of customers through software that unites accounting, costing, project management, estimating, and mobile applications into a single, world-class solution built exclusively for construction subcontractors.
Our Very Special Working Environment
Rooted in our belief that we are stronger together, Plexxis Software benefits from the synergy you can only get by bringing together the best and brightest people who embrace and embody our core values.
Are You the Perfect Fit? Do You Wish to:
- Work with a small, tight-knit group of hard-working, dedicated, and fun individuals
- Enjoy the atmosphere of a rapidly growing, high energy company with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Be on the winning team - poised to emerge as the global leader
- Be challenged in the workspace, or even in the lunchroom
- Lose the stuffy environment (and politics) of “big corporate” and focus on delivering what the competition calls “impossible”
- If you are ready for an exciting career with an industry leader, apply today.
Disclaimer for all posting locations: We thank all applicants in advance for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Plexxis is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, encouraging applications from all well-qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process.
Please Note: If you are offered a position at Plexxis Software, you may be required to agree to a background check.
PLEXXIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER